JMIR Publications, based in Toronto/Canada, is a leading scholarly publisher of over 25 peer-reviewed journals specializing in health and technology (Which journals is JMIR Publications currently publishing?).
JMIR Publications is the leading eHealth publisher, advancing progress in the health, engineering and social sciences to ultimately help people to live happier and healthier lives using technology. JMIR Publications helps innovators in the health technology space to collaborate and to disseminate their innovations, ideas, and research results to the widest possible audience, in a timely manner, adding value to the quality of the work and adhering to the highest ethical and quality standards. We achieve this by using the Internet and the latest available technologies as well as by producing conferences and social media, and other innovative knowledge translation products. We also innovate in the scholarly communication space itself, experimenting with new business models, new models of peer-review and dissemination, and new technologies.
Our flagship journal is the Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR, https://www.jmir.org), with an impact factor of 4.671 (2017), but the publisher is also known for its' reputable and impact-factor ranked sister journals such as JMIR mHealth and uHealth (https://mhealth.jmir.org, impact factor 4.541) or JMIR Serious Games (https://games.jmir.org/, impact factor 2.226), as well as for its' Preprint server JMIR Preprints (https://preprints.jmir.org/) and JMIR Research Protocols (https://researchprotocols.org), which publishes grant proposals and protocols in all areas of health research.
JMIR Publications is a cofounder of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) (https://oaspa.org/about/founding-members/).
The new JMIR offices (ready in December 2018) are in the 130 QQE "City of the Arts" building at the beautiful Toronto downtown waterfront.
- Are you hiring? How do I apply?
- Why is JMIR Publications a "leading publisher"?
- What are JMIR's innovations?
- How to become an author at JMIR
- Why do authors love publishing in JMIR journals?
- What is your turnaround time?
- What is an Impact Factor?
- What is the vision and mission of JMIR Publications?
- Which journals is JMIR Publications currently publishing?
- What does "JMIR" in the title of your journals stand for?
- How does JMIR Publications adhere to the COPE/OASPA/WAME "Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing"