Tables should remain in the main manuscript file (not in a separate file). Locate them where they should appear in the final manuscript (not at the end of the manuscript). Only upload tables as separate files if they are intended to be an Appendix (see How to/add upload a Multimedia Appendix?).
Tables must be designed in line with Instructions for Authors (http://www.jmir.org/content/author-instructions#figures).
- never us a soft line break within a table cell to separate different categories/subcategories. For each category, create a new table row.
- if your table heading has more than one row, add a blank line
We only publish tables in portrait orientation and with a normal font.
- Tables must be text and should not be embedded images. Only in very rare exceptions (color or graphics neeeded in the table) can tables be images, and if they are, they should be referred to as Figures and uploaded as Figure.
- Do not use landscape format for tables
- Do not use smaller fonts to squeeze a lot of information into a table (use a Multimedia Appendix instead if there is a lot of information, and publish a more concise version with less columns in the article itself)
Tables with too much information cannot be typeset (will lead to narrow columns and "squeezed" content.
Footnotes must always be a-z (superscript). Do not use symbols such as * or ** etc.