A) As a co-author, there are 2 ways to add your ORCID to the metadata:
- Only the corresponding author can directly edit the metadata. You can give your ORCID to the corresponding author so that it can be entered into the metadata.
- If your ORCID is missing from the metadata, we will send you an email entitled "Missing ORCID", where you will be prompted to create a JMIR profile (if you don't already have one) and authenticate ORCID in the process. Once your ORCID is recorded in our system via the authentication process, it will automatically be entered into the metadata (provided that your email address in the metadata matches that in your JMIR profile).
B) Steps to directly edit the metadata to add the ORCID if you are the corresponding author:
Login to your account
- Under Roles click "Author"
- Click on the TItle of your Article to take you to view it
- Scroll down to the "Submission Metadata" section
- Click on "Edit Metadata"
- Enter the ORCIDs in the appropriate ORCID field for each author where it is missing
If you have any concerns, please feel free to send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org