- If there are any outstanding issues with the manuscript, upload the final manuscript version, as well as the figures and supplementary files. Do a final check of the metadata and references, and supply ORCIDs for all authors (What is an ORCID?).
- Also make sure to collect all signatures from your co-authors on the license to publish form (Where can I find the publication forms for authors?). While we will not insist on this being on file when we start copyediting, they do need to be on file before we can publish your paper.
- Usually you have to pay an APF, see payment information and link in the acceptance email. See Payments FAQ if you have any questions. We will not be able to initiate the next steps (copyediting etc.) before payment has been received. Delaying the payment will lead to a delay in publication.
- Once payment has been received, we will initiate the copyediting process, see Copyediting Steps
- Consider to inform the press office of your university / institution so they can prepare a press release, see also
- We will typeset the paper and you receive the PDF galleys for final proofreading and approval
- We publish the paper and promote it and you'll be famous :)
- Repeat: Cash in your karma credits which you gained from authoring a paper (see Karma Credits - What are they and how to collect them?) and use this as discount for future submissions... become a regular and productive author