Thanks for considering to submit to a JMIR journal!
Before you submit, make sure you checked the
links in the footer of the respective journal homepage of the JMIR journal you intend to submit to. Also make sure that you have read and understood that some journals charge an Article Processing Fee on acceptance (see Are there costs involved in publishing in JMIR journals?).
In JMIR, all coauthors must have an ORCID (What is an ORCID?). These can be supplied during peer-review or after acceptance, but ideally they are already entered in our metadata form during submission. Before submitting a paper we would recommend to canvas your coauthors and ask them for their ORCIDs (and point them to What is an ORCID? or ORCID.org/register if they don't have one yet).
To submit any paper, you first need to have a (free) user account with the JMIR website. If you don't have one yet, Go to Registration.
If you have a user account already,
- Go to Login and
- click on the author role to go to your author user homepage (or simply click the bug submit button on the journal homepage, depicted in the screenshot above) .
- here, you see a button to initiate a new submission (see screenshot below).
By default, you are submitting to the journal you are on, but you can change the journal in the drop-down list in step 1 of the submission process.
- Why is JMIR Publications a "leading publisher"?
- How to become an author at JMIR
- Fee Schedule
- Where are your instructions for authors?
- Are there costs involved in publishing in JMIR journals?
- I don't have any grant money - how can I publish in JMIR?
- Which JMIR journals are currently free to publish in?
- I love JMIR journals - how can I become involved?
- How do I submit to a theme issue?
- How do I submit a letter to the editor?