Each author usually has at least one or multiple affiliations, which the corresponding/submitting author can edit in the Metadata Form (see How to edit/correct author metadata).
The screenshot below shows how affiliations are rendered in the final publication as footnotes.
- please enter your author affiliations ensuring that they display in hierarchical order, from smallest to largest, for example, enter the department name first, then the university name.
- Organizations that are not administratively linked must be listed as separate affiliations lines.
- If authors have multiple affiliations, all affiliations must be entered (as separate entries)
- In affiliation lines, do not use short forms or acronyms, for example an affiliation like "Nursing" should be changed into "Department of Nursing", and acronyms like "UHN" should be expanded, e.g. "University Health Network".
- Affiliations are usually in title case (which means that all words except minor words like "of" or "on" are capitalized, e.g. "Department of Nursing). Do not enter information in ALL CAPS or all lower case ("department of nursing"). Do not abbreviate "Dep." or "Dept.".
- City names, if from US or Canada, MUST be followed by the State/Province abbreviation, e.g. "Bethesda, MD" or "Toronto, ON". Enter the state in the "city" field, separate from city with a comma and blank.