If you did not receive an email with editorial/peer-review comments, please check your spam filter, or review the Editor/Author correspondence online on your author homepage (click on the status link and find the link "Editor/Author Email Record" at the bottom of the review tab, see also I am an author - where can I find the past reviewer comments?).
Note that there is a deadline for the manuscript revision (decision B=2 weeks, C/D=8 weeks). It is still technically possible to submit your revision after the deadline. However, if the deadline is missed and we don't hear from you at all (we may send reminders), then we may remove the manuscript from the submission queue. For the new process to request a deadline extension see I am an author working on my revision in response to the reviewers and I would like an extension for submitting my revised manuscript and responses to reviewers.
Prepare your revised manuscript and your point-by-point responses to the reviewers' (and editors') comments. Number your responses (A1, A2 etc, for items mentioned by reviewer A, etc), and in each item, first quote the editor/reviewer, then write a "RESPONSE: ...". Do not forget to also address the issues raised in the manuscript itself (for example, if the reviewer asked when the study was conducted, don't just respond in the response to the reviewer, but also make the change in the manuscript).
- click on the link "awaiting revision" on the author homepage, make sure you are on the REVIEW tab
- upload all new supplementary material such as figures, appendices etc (not required if they have not changed)
- recommended: upload a tracked changes ms as supplementary file
under 1. UPLOAD MANUSCRIPT, choose (from your hard drive) your revised manuscript (as a .doc or .docx Word file only, not PDF, Latex or Pages etc.)
under 1. UPLOAD MANUSCRIPT, also copy & paste of your responses to editorial and reviewer comments into the notification box, then click SUBMIT
To send only a message to the editor without uploading a new manuscript, only go to point 5 (see also I would like to send a message to the editor about my paper (already submitted).) but do not send another message if you uploaded a manuscript and included a message for the editor as per screenshot above.
In point 5 you can also review previous Editor/Author communications.
- What happens after I submitted a revised version and my responses to reviewer comments?
- What is the status of my submission?
- I can't find my submitted manuscript?
- We have submitted a revised manuscript. However, we have not received a confirmation that the manuscript was received.
- I am an author working on my revision in response to the reviewers and I would like an extension for submitting my revised manuscript and responses to reviewers.
- I am an author - where can I find the past reviewer comments?
- As a reviewer, where do I find other reviewer comments and the authors' responses to the previous reviewer comments?