- An institutional membership should be set up and must be paid for before an article is submitted
- When you submit a paper, there is a drop-down list of institutional members - select the one the corresponding author is affiliated with
- Note that the editor checks if the corresponding author is in fact from the institutional member, and whether the address (down to the department / research unit level) matches the one of the institutional member. If this is not the case, the APF/APC waiver may not be granted. This is of course to protect our existing members from unauthorized individuals drawing on membership credits
- an institutional membership only covers the APF/APC in case of acceptance. If the journal you are submitting to has a submission fee, this fee is not waived
- If your manuscript has been accepted and still contains a payment request, and you are certain that the membership should have been applied, please get in touch with the editor assigned to your manuscript, either by clicking on the envelope icon next to the editor's name in the submission summary page, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.