New and sponsored JMIR journals as of Jan 2017 which have no publication fees are listed below. These may not be in PubMed (yet), but as soon as they are accepted, all articles will be indexed. You have the opportunity to be one of the founding authors in the inaugural issues of these new journals!
This list is valid as of Jan 13, 2017 - please cross-check with our Fee Schedule to see if there have been price increases since.
- JMIR Cardio - no APF/APC or submission fees (submit by 30 Sept 2017)
- JMIR Dermatology - forthcoming journal, no APF/APC or submission fees (submit by 15 Oct 2017)
- JMIR Biomedical Engineering - no APF/APC or submission fees
- JMIR Bioinformatics and Biotechnology no APF/APC or submission fees
- Journal of Participatory Medicine: Grant-funded research as well as research from institutions which have an institutional open access fund or other means of funding are subject to an Article Processing fee of $1500, payable in case of acceptance. All other papers (including non-funded papers by patients etc) are published free of charge.
- JMIR Data publish open datasets - no APF/APC or submission fees
- JMIR Challenges - post your competition document (as solution seeker) for free
- iProceedings - publish your conference abstract/poster for free
Please submit your paper to these journals only if they fit their scope, not because they are free. If you don't have funding and your paper does not fit the scope of any of the journals above, please consider other options as described in the article I don't have any grant money - how can I publish in JMIR?
- Are there costs involved when publishing at JMIR?
- How does the Article Processing Fee (APF/APC) at JMIR compare to other journals/publishers?
- I don't have any grant money - how can I publish in JMIR?
- JMIR Instructions for Authors: Open Access - Rationale for Charging Fees
- JMIR Fee Schedule
- Which journals is JMIR Publications currently publishing?