- Please report any eHealth/mHealth randomized controlled trial (RCT) in accordance with the CONSORT-EHEALTH checklist
- For non-eHealth/mHealth trials, the regular CONSORT can be used
- Protocols and grant proposals do not require a CONSORT/CONSORT-EHEALTH checklist (only papers presenting results require the checklist)
Please download the checklist from http://www.jmir.org/ojs/public/journals/1/CONSORT-EHEALTH-v1-6.pdf for a preview of what information is required.
We ask authors to then fill in the electronic version (Google Questionnaire) at http://tinyurl.com/consort-ehealth-v1-6 with quotes from your (revised) paper (if you wish to comment on the importance of the items from the checklist for reporting, please also rate each item on a scale between 1-5).
Note that there is a character limit for each text field, so we recommend keeping responses as concise as possible (list semicolon separated keywords or use short sentences) if they are more than 1000 characters (see I am getting an error message in the Google form for CONSORT-EHEALTH suggesting that the text I am entering is too long).
BEFORE you press submit, please generate a PDF of the form with your responses and upload this PDF file as a supplementary file entitled CONSORT-EHEALTH V1.6. We will publish the checklist as a multimedia appendix (our staff can also generate a PDF from the database entries, but for reviewing purposes it helps to have a PDF at submission).
A CONSORT flow diagram and attrition diagram are also strongly recommended (as figures).
For further information see:
Eysenbach G, CONSORT-EHEALTH Group. CONSORT-EHEALTH: Improving and Standardizing Evaluation Reports of Web-based and Mobile Health Interventions. J Med Internet Res 2011;13(4):e126
- Other reporting guidelines
- Does my trial (RCT) have to be registered?
- We are doing a substudy of a RCT - do we still need to report according to CONSORT-EHEALTH?
- I am getting an error message in the Google form for CONSORT-EHEALTH suggesting that the text I am entering is too long
For JMIR staff only: