- Please report the any eHealth/mHealth randomized controlled trial (RCT) in accordance with the CONSORT-EHEALTH checklist
- for non-eHealth/mHealth trials the regular CONSORT can be used
- protocols and grant proposals do not require a CONSORT/CONSORT-EHEALTH checklist.
Please download the checklist from http://www.jmir.org/ojs/public/journals/1/CONSORT-EHEALTH-v1-6.pdf for a preview of what information is required.
We ask authors to then fill in the electronic version at http://tinyurl.com/consort-ehealth-v1-6 with quotes from your (revised) paper (if you wish to comment on the importance of the items from the checklist for reporting, please also rate each item on a scale between 1-5).
BEFORE you press submit, please generate a pdf of the form with your responses and upload this PDF file as supplementary file entitled CONSORT-EHEALTH V1.6. We will publish the checklist as multimedia appendix.
A CONSORT-flowdiagram and a attrition diagram are also strongly recommended (as figures).
For further information see:
Eysenbach G, CONSORT-EHEALTH Group. CONSORT-EHEALTH: Improving and Standardizing Evaluation Reports of Web-based and Mobile Health Interventions. J Med Internet Res 2011;13(4):e126
- Other reporting guidelines
- Does my trial (RCT) have to be registered?
- We are doing a substudy of a RCT - do we still need to report according to CONSORT-EHEALTH?