All invoices are in US Dollars (USD) and we cannot create invoices in other currencies. Our bank accounts are also denominated in USD (even though we are based in Canada).
Generating an invoice
Currently, only the submitting author can generate an invoice, not the co-authors or a third party. In order to download PDF invoices for a manuscript, please go to http://www.jmir.org/payment/viewInvoices when logged in as the submitting author.
1. Fill in/Edit the Billing Address
Please make sure the Billing Address is correct before generating an invoice. If you need to change the billing address, please do so on this page and generate another invoice.
2. Choose an invoice from the drop-down
All invoices available to you will be in the drop-down box.
Most authors only need an invoice if they want to pay by wire or cheque. Note that if you intend to pay by wire or cheque, you need to check the appropriate checkbox so that the 7% handling fee for non-credit card payments is added.
Please consult this article on how to split a payment among authors if necessary.
Payment for an APF
After we received the payment we will no longer send you payment reminders (for the APF) and we will send the paper for copyediting. No further action is required once you received the receipt until you hear from the copyeditor (see also My paper has been accepted, what are the next steps?)
Payment for a Submission Fee
For journals which charge a submission fee, the option to generate an invoice only appears when the submission process has started. It is not recommended to pay the submission fee by cheque or bank transfer as this will delay the submission significantly. Instead, we recommend to pay by credit card. You will get a receipt immediately after payment, so generally no invoice generation is required.
Payment for a Membership
Invoices for membership can only be created for existing membership renewals. If you do not see the membership renewal option you will need to create a membership first, see What is an institutional membership and how can I create one?)
- How can I pay by credit card?
- Can I pay by wire/cheque?
- My cheque (or bank transfer) was sent to you, but I am still being reminded to make payments...
- General Post-Acceptance Questions
- Payments FAQ
- My paper has been accepted, what are the next steps?
- Can you please fill in our Vendor Form?
- What is your bank account information (PDF) - Note: Please pay in USD to the USD account!
- Can you create an invoice in Euro or another currency?
- How do I change the billing address on my invoice?