Karma credits are Karma Points collected by users for authoring, reviewing or editing JMIR papers in the last 18 months. You can see them when you login from your user homepage under Karma Credits Statement. They have a dollar value (currently 1 Karma Credit = 1 USD), which can be redeemed for your own submissions, Article Processing Fees and knowledge translation add-ons (TrendMD, promoted tweets etc) at the time you make a payment. Please note that you must enter the Karma Credit promo code at the time of the checkout/payment. Note that credits have an expiration date (see Karma Description), so please make sure to submit your own paper in a timely manner to redeem the credits before your credits expire.
Please note that no retrospective refunds can be made on submissions and the value is not redeemable for cash.
- Detailed information on specific actions (deeds): Karma Description
- Your current Karma Credits Statement (login with your user account)
- I reviewed an article but I don't see the karma points in my karma statement?
- How to redeeem karma credits (e.g. apply them to an APF)
- I have multiple user profiles and want to combine them to get all karma credits. How do I delete my old user profiles?