Generating Partial Invoices
The submitting author can split a payment by generating Partial Invoices. The steps are as follows:
- From the User Home, please go to Generate Invoice
- Fill in the Billing Address
- Select the invoice you'd like to generate
- Select the Partial Payment radio button
- Enter the amount for this Partial Invoice
- If you know that the Partial Invoice will be paid by cheque/bank transfer, please check the 7% handling fee checkbox
- Click on Generate
- Save the invoice as PDF and send it to a contributor. Please note that in order to make a payment, contributors will need to have their own JMIR account (registration takes only a few minutes if they don't have one).
- When you go back to the Generate Invoice page and re-select the same invoice as before, previously generated Partial Invoices will be listed.
You can generate as many Partial Invoices as needed and send them to different contributors. It does not matter how many Partial Invoices you generate, as long as the payments we receive in the end add up to the fee.
Making the final payment
Once all contributions have been made, the submitting author can go to the APF checkout to make the final payment. All partial payments will be tallied under "Partial Credits", each of which will have a link to its receipt.
Please proceed with the payment as usual. If anything needs to be clarified, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.