The submitting author can split a payment by generating Partial Invoices. The steps are as follows:
- From the User Home, please go to Generate Invoice
- Step 1: fill in the Billing Address
- Step 2: select fee or purchase item for which you'd like to generate an invoice
- Step 3: select the Partial Payment radio button. Please note that partial invoices can only be generated for fees equal to USD $150 or more.
- Enter an amount for the current partial invoice you are trying to generate
- Finally, choose one of three methods of payment, which will appear on the invoice. Please note that a 7% handling fee will be automatically added when the method of payment is either Cheque or Wire/Transfer.
- Click on Generate new Invoice
- Save the invoice as PDF and send it to a contributor/co-author. Please note that in order to make a payment, contributors will need to have their own JMIR account (registration takes only a few minutes if they don't have one).
- When you go back to the Generate Invoice page, your newly generated invoice will be at the top of the Previously Generated Invoices section.
You can generate as many Partial Invoices as needed and send them to different contributors. Once all partial invoices are paid and they add up to the full amount, the fee will be considered fully paid.